September 01, 2005
Opening of our gathering
Today, Thursday at 6 pm Belgian time, Duri and I went outside with meditation cushion and chair to start our gathering. We first took the time to meditate and reach the deep silence within ourselves.
After that, Duri opened the circle by sharing his connection with the nature around him and the presence of the evolutionary impulse happening through us. He spoke about deep peace and ease of being. I confirmed all his words and continued with calling the spirits in for support and guidance. That we may speak and act according to our deepest impulse; and I asked for courage and for humour!
I envisioned the 8 of us sitting in a circle with the flowers in the middle, that I just gathered from my garden in honour of our work together.
When we came back in, we saw 3 messages on the screen: Dan, David and Sheri each send an email within 20 min. time, while we were meditating...
Ideas for our meeting design
In the early 90's when Joel and Michelle and I worked with the International Center for Organization Design, we frequently used a "meeting design" process that has been serving me and my clients well ever since, until recently. I find its basic template still useful but needs to coupled by another process to energize that framework. Below are both the basic meeting design template, and the reference to an additional, life-giving component.
August 27, 2005
Tentative connection schedule for Sept 1-2
Here's the suggestion for the flow of our 'working hours' between Seattle and Europe, based on Ria's figuring out.
1. Meeting in Seattle starts on Thursday 4:30 pm. That's 1:30 am in Belgium, so we won't be there but can connect prior to that.
2. Work time in Seattle, sleep time in Europe.
3. Thursday, 10 pm in Seattle, 7 am in Europe.
4. Sleep time in Seattle, work time in Europe.
5. Friday 8 or 9 am to 3 pm in Seattle; 5 or 6 pm to 12 pm in Europe
6. Work time in Seattle; sleep time in Europe.
7. Friday 10 pm in Seattle; 7 am n Europe.
We can adjust this as needed, but at least we have a tentative set of time windows. Thanx, Ria.
• Opening of our gathering
• Ideas for our meeting design
• Tentative connection schedule for Sept 1-2
Conference Design Elements
Design/logistics of Real-Time Meetings
Growing a CI Movement
Intersection of Top-down and Bottom-up
Leaning into the Unknown
Synergy of Physical and Virtual
The Field of Collective Intelligence